I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rollin'...

...do, do, do, do...rollin' on the river! I've got that song in my head this morning...and now maybe you do too! HAHAHAHA....

So I KNOW I promised that I would be updating more frequently, and then I go and disappear again, but for good reason!

There have been some EXCITING things in the works and I can't wait to share them with you! But for now I have to keep it under wraps until things are more cemented...*giggles* I LOVE being in the know!

Anywho, there is one exciting tid-bit of news that I AM allowed to share! I am OFFICIALLY a Design Team member for Pez-a-Doodle.com! It's exciting for maaany reasons, one of which is this is the first time I'm a Design Team member for ANYTHING. I've always been a bit intimidated, because...well, Design Team...that means you have to come up with some FANTABULOUS things to showcase! But Marti said I should and who am I to argue with Marti?! LOL...another great thing about it is...well, I get to try out some AWESOME things! Since starting my dabbling in Ranger and Tim Holtz products, I can't even BELIEVE I was scared of these things! They are awesome and every day I'm just learning more and MORE about how to use them and the different things I can do and make with them! It's definitely a fun learning process and I'm learning right along with everyone else!

So with that said, here is my FIRST project as a Pez-a-Doodle DT member (needless to say, all products used can be found at http://www.pezadoodle.com/):

Marti's tutorial for the week is focusing on the diversity of clear embossing. Now for all you pros out there, don't yawn just yet and la-di-da it! Even I'm picking up some great tips - starting with learning of the existence of an EMBOSSING BUDDY! I tried one out for the first time last night and I was all open-mouthed and googly-eyed! For such a SIMPLE thing, it makes a BIG difference in my embossing.

So back to my project, I learned about background embossing using inks and the simple art of flicking. For more info on the tutorials, please check out Marti's blog at: http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/




...please excuse me for loving all over my own creation! LOL..but I had such a fun time making it - granted it's a bit messy, but that could be due to the fact that I'M not the neatest person ever...

So for the background, I decided to use a chipboard coaster. I loaded it up as much as I could with Perfect Medium (I didn't have Versamark - which will be rectified soon) and I sprinkled my embossing powder over the whole thing. Shook off the excess and then turned it around and gave it a couple good flicks of my finger to get some more powder off...kind of to create a distressed, messy look. I heat embossed and I used my felt tool and rubbed and smooshed some Brilliance Dew Drop ink all over it so that some of the ink went in the areas that weren't embossed with powder.

For the rest of the card, I used Cake-Cake with Pezzy as my focal point and to make her and all her yummy cuteness pop out even more, I tried out the 3D technique that I saw on Katie's blog, but stamping her three times, cutting her out and layering her one over the other with pop dots. It was my first attempt at that, so go easy on me!

So there's my little bit of news for today...thanks for sharing in my giggly, wiggly excitement! More fun things to come, and stay tuned for my next installment of my take on Marti's Think Outside the Block Friday! Have you got your blocks yet?

CURRENT MOOD: EXCITED CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: MERCY - DUFFY


2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! you're first *official* Pez-A-Plug!! hwat a gorgeous job you did and on such short notice!!!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Catherine,

Congrats - you'll do awesome. Your card turned out great - love those pop dots :) I can't wait to hear the rest of the news.