I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bits and Pieces...

...okay, I have been MIA so long, it's almost embarrassing! I can't believe I've let everything fall to the wayside like that! I can't believe I can't find the time and/or the energy to drag myself into the scraproom! And then on some days when I feel like making something, I just work on top of the mess that's already there - therefore, I will never get a proper clean-up - unless I set aside, oh say, a weekend!

As some of you who actually still check this will figure out, I'm going to be back-dating some entries so I won't totally annihilate your eyes by putting everything on one single post!

So going back - let me first start off by saying that being on Marti's design team is MINDBLOWING. I kind of suck a tiny bit (probably more than a tiny bit) since I haven't done much lately - obviously...but HOLY MOLY! I got home late one night after being harrassed at work and there's a box sitting there waiting for me. And I open it...and *jaw drops*

There's stamps (wooden and acrylic), there's ink pads, there's GOODIES gallore, lemme tell ya, and this is what I come up with after a fortnight of hemming and hawing over what I should make:

*shakes head in shame* Can you BELIEVE it? Well, you might be able to since I didn't take a picture of the oh-so-wonderful goodies for you to know the ENDLESS possibilities that was presented to me and this is all I could come up with.

Anywho, I guess you might call this an ATC (artist trading card), but really, I have no idea what it is. I would say it's a 3D embellishment that will hopefully, one day, find it's way onto a card or layout. In the meantime, this is it.

I'll take you on a short walk through it...

The stamp is a Hampton Arts wood-mounted collage-looking stamp. I took my Kaleidacolor multicolor ink pad (in Cappuccino Delight) and using a brayer, I brayered some multicolor yumminess onto a plain ol' piece of cardstock. I love multicolor brayering...it's the one time you don't have to be neat or precise about it, and it still comes out look fab! Anywho, I stamped my image using Adirondack dye ink (I'm not remembering the color right now - let's just call it...BROWN) three times on the now-inked up cardstock. I left one stamped image and cut around the outside to make it the base. The next image, I cut out the next largest piece of the image I could - which would be the lady. I pop-dotted her onto my base and it starts taking on a 3D effect with the base image being the background. Lastly, I cut the last image with one more layer - the clock.

For a finishing touch, I used my Sakura glitter pen to add little bits of glittery detail. So simple *wrinkles nose*

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: JUST DANCE - LADY GAGA

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh this looks so cool!!!!

Kevin Renz said...

I find ATC's kind of weird, but they are fun to make. She's a cutie though.