I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Monday, February 9, 2009

Footprints and full moons...

...my favourite EVER religious/inspirational story (that's not in the Bible) is Footprints. I remember it making me cry when I first read it and it's always stayed with me ever since. I know everyone has different ways of coping and getting through things and I know a lot of people have experienced different/difficult/hard times, but for me, this story has always helped me through those hard times.

Like TODAY! Let me walk you through a little bit of history and proven facts. Lunatic is borrowed from the Latin word lunaticus which is derived from the stem luna, which if you watch enough Dora (thank you, my little niece Tiana) means the MOON. So all of this was taken from the theory that there is a commonality between madness and the phases of the moon. Based on today, I would like to second that motion with a nice, clear, loud "AY-AY!" I swear it must have been because of the full moon that the MOST difficult people in all of university's UNIVERSAL history came out today and ended up in/on my line. I kid you not when I say that I could have generated a whole household's worth of heat for the whole day the way that my blood pressure was rising. ANYWHO...I do not mean to belittle anyone's actual sufferings by comparing it alongside my trivial workdays, so MOVING ON! (P.S. Thanks for letting me vent a little...)

So when I saw this stamp at Michaels, I knew I had to have it - even after I'd already dropped some change on COPICs and Nesties - and today I used it for my main focal point for Mojo Monday!

Here's the sketch for MM:



And here's my take:



Can I just say how much I'm loving participating in these sketches? It's just like its name, definitely gets my crafty mojo going! I'm only really just getting into sketches and challenges, but for someone with a short attention span and not a fan of being told what to do, these sketches are great! Definitely inspirational!

So I would say that mine is a sort of loose take of the sketch...I didn't follow through on some things, but it all came together and I am still loving how everything turned out! Before I finished, I kept looking at it and considered adding different things to it just because...but I decided that this was really all it needed. I didn't want to take anything away from the quote and the simplicity of it all. When I realized I left out a little part of the sketch (ie. for the sentiment) I added the little flower but I'm considering taking it out just to keep things nice and neat. We'll see how I feel about the flower when I wake up tomorrow!

Anywho, for today's MM card, I also decided to get my fingers inky! I got out my Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) and my foam tool and...well, let's just say what DIDN'T I ink?! *LOL* I stamped onto nice and clean, bright cardstock and thought it was just too bright with the paper that I wanted to use, so at first I just inked the sides...and then I made a teeny mistake and then I just ended up inking the whole rectangle...just darkening the edges for a nice 'vintage photo' look to go with the name of the ink! I dragged the edges right along the stamp pad to really make the edge stand out.

Thanks so much for looking! If you've just misplaced your mojo and can't seem to find it, I definitely recommend checking out MM and seeing if your mojo is hiding there!

MATERIALS
All hyperlinked products and materials are from Pez-a-Doodle Designs

Paper: K&Co. (Costco)
Stamp: 'Footprints' by Inkadinkado (Michaels)
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink (Black) and Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
Tools: Foam applicator tool
Embellishments: 'Faith' ribbon slider (Dollarama), embellished flower (Sugar & Scraps), ribbon

CURRENT MOOD: CALM CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: THE HEATER GOING

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is GORGEOUS! LOVE that stamp ALOT and the whole card is just incredible!

Wendy Hall said...

This is fabby, wonderful colors, very rich

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful words, sue.x

4paws said...

lOVE IT. Awesome job! I love your creativity.