I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Have Your Cake...

...oh how I can't wait for the long weekend coming up! Thank you to all who decided that there should be a statutory "Family Day!" I will most likely ignore mine and lock myself up in my scraproom to play! *LOL* But again, just like Valentine's Day, I don't think that we should have called this extra day off "Family Day" anyways. It just makes it seem like that's the day that families should be getting together to do things, and I think that should be done on a waaaay more regular basis than when someone up there says we should. To me, Sundays are family days. Maybe they should call it "EXTRA Family Day" so that people don't get confused! Hahaha, okay I'm off my soapbox! We all know that the extra day off was just to give people a break from the Winter Blues and the looong days - so I really shouldn't be look a gift horse in the mouth, now should I? I'm just sayin'...

Anywho! I have broken through the strong hold that PINK has on me! Today's card is NOT PINK! I don't think there's even any pink at all (albeit, a teeny, tiny bit in the patterned paper - which is not my fault!). I also took a break from babies (there was actually a reason why i was doing 'baby' kind of cards. My cousin's baby shower is coming up next month and I had a couple requests to make some cards for the occasion) and came up with this birthday card!



Can you believe I've had this stamp for almost a year now and haven't used it on ANYTHING!? It's already been inked because I think I tried everything out once I got it, but I haven't put it on a project at all! WOW! And here I am thinking I need more things! (Well, I still do...that doesn't change anything...LOL).

So that's my birthday card! I don't know exactly who I'll be giving it to, but at least for any birthdays that sneak up on me, I know I'll be prepared! So like I said before, the photograph came up a bit more saturated than it really is. The yellows aren't really that dark...it's more of a bright sunshine yellow, but I didn't really have time to go in and edit it (okay, I didn't feel like it!). But it's nice and cheery - which is how the weather has been looking for the past couple of days! Goodbye winter blues, hel-LOOOO COLOUR!

MATERIALS
All products and materials are from Pez-a-Doodle Designs (hyperlinked) unless otherwise stated

Stamp: It's My Party by House-Mouse (HM Stamps)
Paper: DP - Bo Bunny (Pezzy's Picks), cardstock package (Michaels)
Tools: Watercolor pencils (Michaels), Aquapen (Michaels), Chalk (coming soon)
Embellishments: Stickles, Dimensional Pearls, ribbon (Wal-Mart), stickers (Dollarama)

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh love it! the paper is gorgeous! that stamp is just too cute!