I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pretty in Purple...

...bonjour mon cheries!

I thought I would try out a little bit of the romantic language as we move into the most romantic month of the year!

I've been digging around in the scraproom shoving things around to make little bits of desk room for me and can I just say how much of a disaster it is in there?! I think it's definitely time to get onto another scraproom overhaul - and this one will be HUGE! There's so much more things to make room for - especially when my Nesties come in! *squeals* Oh Terri, I just can't wait!

I also went trolling around a bit at a couple of my LSS! Coming back from CHA has not only inspired my imagination and creativity (I HOPE) but also my wallet! It was just too torturous to be around all those fun goodies and NOT be able to buy them ASAP! How could they do that to a girl, I ask you?

So far, despite all my awesome other goodies, I've been having so much fun with my Scor-Pal and Flower Soft! I think I really want to get a handle of it and all that I can do with it before I move on to something else (*whispers* I've finally got my hands on the Doodlebug fun flock sample pack and I can not WAIT to try it out!)

So anywho...here is my card for today! Because of the awesome things I can do while playing around with my Scor-Pal, I kept it pretty minimalistic.




I know it's more purple flower soft, I swear that I do have more colours, but for some reason, I always feel like I gravitate to the colour! It's my FAVOURITE, what can I say? Currently, I'm not even sure what occasion this card can be used for, but I think I will leave it pretty generic. I've been putting together a big treasure box full of different cards for my mom since last Mother's Day, and this will go in there to be used however she would like! I think a bridal shower card, or a fancy birthday card!

I used just plain ol' cardstock and prettied it up with diagonal scores from my Scor-Pal and stamped my image (it's a pretty flowery dress stamp from Stamping Bella) in archival ink. I dotted each flower with glue and outlined the flared part of the dress and sprinkled my lavender Flower Soft all over. Once the flower soft was off the dress, I used my lavender Martha Stewart glitter for some more added prettiness of course and lined the 'buttons' with Diamond Stickles! I pop-dotted it onto my scored card and put a little square crystal at each place the scores interlaced...and voila! Finished product!

All materials and products are available from Marti over at Pez-a-Doodle Designs. You can check those out and other way cool projects and products any time you're looking for fun new things to try out or become more familiar with!

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card! I like the flower soft as well as what you did with the score pal...I need one of those too. Your mom is so lucky to have you to make these cards for her!

cyimbugbitten

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome use of Flower Soft!! Such a clean and striking design! (Nice to meet you at CHA, too)

Suzanne J Dean said...

So pretty & elegant! Glad you like the Scor-Pal--Diana would be pleased :o)

hugz,
Suzanne