I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Friday, January 23, 2009

Confessions of a CHA Convention-er (Part 1)

...CALIFORNIA...I.AM.HEEEERE!

So after crying like a baby after leaving The Mister at departures, after taking off my shoes a billion times and walking through a bunch of customs people asking me what kind of convention I'm going to and after getting into the taxi in California acting like I owned it (so people wouldn't be able to tell I'm a completely brand new tourist) and AFTER the taxi driver dropped me off at the WRONG hotel and after walking 15 minutes to get to the ACTUAL hotel and in between that time having a should-have-been-slow-motion-meeting-up-in-the-middle moment with Marti amidst luggage and slick sidewalks *breathes* I. AM. HEEEEERE!

Well, at least the wrong hotel that I got dropped off at will be our hotel in a couple of days. Which is awesome because that hotel is SEXY (and right on the doorstep of the convention center as well!)

So anywho...did I forget to mention that that 15 minute walk was in the RAIN? Okay, I'm not whining....I'm just saying, okay!?

I think we'll just be taking it easy tonight because our bodies are thinking it's already 7 pm when I'm pretty sure it's only 4 pm right now Anaheim time...

...tomorrow.......Tim Holtz....stay tuned!

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

31 comments:

Bethany said...

Sounds exhausting! LOL Glad you arrived safely...you will have SO much fun!

Sharon said...

The trails and tribulations of air travel, but you arrived! Have fun.
Sharon

Unknown said...

Sounds like a rough start. I hope you got some rest that night! The rest of your trip will be well worth the trouble...I am sure!!!

Debby said...

Is the convention at the Anaheim Convention center? Near Disney? Rain in California. Who knew '-)

Shirley said...

Poor Catherine! Well, at least now you are there and can have some great fun:)

Michelle said...

cant believe you had to walk in the rain.... geez. It makes a great beginning story to what I am sure will be an amazing trip!

~Jenn said...

Oh my goodness, what a rough start!!! On the bright side things can only get better from here right? ;)

~Jenn

Laura said...

OK u all are so lucky to be out there!!! One jealous scrapbooker here!! Have a great tim!

4paws said...

Wow, that was a rough start. Part of the adventure. LOL Sounds like a good time is in store. Have a blast and I can't wait to read what happens next!

-Amanda B. said...

The rain doesn't sound fun at all, but I bet it is so worth it knowing what you are going to experience! Lucky!!

Mary Jean said...

Have Fun!!!

Rene said...

Oh, what trials! That's why I hate to travel, but for the chance to go to CHA, I'd risk it! I hope the trip gets better!

Rene' Mewes
RM3116@charter.net

Anita said...

Sorry to hear that you had a rough start! I will pray that your return will go smoothly.

byondbzr said...

Oh NO, sorry you had to walk in the rain girl!

Kathy Eddy said...

Just have fun while you're there and fill your head with great ideas for future projects and all the wonderful memories! Kathy Eddy

AShu93 said...

Yuck, no fun to travel in the rain, but I'm sure it's better than the cold & snow you left behind.

Denni said...

well at least it wasn't SNOW or ICE!
:)

Anonymous said...

Ok ... you wanted an "adventure", right? Maybe walking to your hotel wasn't in the plan ... nor was the rain ... but you must have been having fun anyway. The anticipation mounts ... YOU'RE AT THE CONVENTION!!! YIPPEEEE!!! ♥Carol♥

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely!

Nicole
ncole1701@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your rough start...being dropped off at the wrong hotel? What's w that?
I'm glad that you're safe now and I know that you ladies will have a blast...enjoy!

cyimbugbitten

Anonymous said...

Have a blast!!!!

Kate Burroughs said...

"They say it never rains in southern California but honey let me warn you it pours, it pours!" Yeah sorry you had to walk in the rain with your gear. NO fun!

Anonymous said...

Glad you arrived safely. The next days will make it all worth it!!!

Renee said...

Wow....what a start!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the walk in the rain. The meeting is certainly worth it though.

Laurinda said...

Oh, what a start! Hopefully things keep getting better and better.

Laurinda (Cricut MB)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a lot of work. have fun

Anonymous said...

Now that you've been there a few dys it's totally worth it I bet....I am so jealous. :)

Amy Kolling said...

OH, I have stories like that one!! Glad you made it there!!

Claire said...

I wish I were there

Erin Glee said...

No tip for that dumb Taxi driver that took you to the wrong Hotel! It never rains in California, but it pours, Baby it pours! (name that tune...)
Glad you made it OK and are ready for the experience of a LIFETIME!