I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Monday, January 5, 2009

Fun Friend...

...it looks like I've found a little bit of my crafty mojo!

After going to the gym, cooking dinner (using the most DISGUSTING ravioli EVER - oh my gosh, I got it frozen from the grocery store and cooked it, popped one in my mouth and almost vomited inside of my mouth. It was SO gross, I think it was dog food. I really do, except judging from the commercials I've seen of dog food, I think this ravioli was even WORSE than dog food. Chewy didn't even want to eat it!) But I digress, I cooked dinner, bathed the cutest puppy in the WHOLE WIDE world, blew him dry and then I got into scraproom and made THIS:



It sucks in the way that I actually sat down to make something Valentine-y, and this is what I came up with, but I LOVE it because NOT from the Valentine aspect, it's a very pretty card. It looks more Spring/Summery, but I'm battling some after Christmas winter blues, so this made me happy!

Materials (all products are from Pezadoodle.com, unless otherwise stated):
Glossy cardstock
Inkadinkadoo stamp and Studio G acrylic block
Versamark and super fine embossing powder
Birthday Big & Juicy multicolored stamp pad
Me and My Big Ideas Flower (stash)
Ribbon (stash)
Carstock (stash)
Bubble stickers (stash)

For those who've never tried it before, I embossed my flowers using Versamark and embossing powder (oh yes, I used my embossing buddy as well...never emboss without your embossing buddy!) Once everything was dry, I inked the glossy cardstock aaaall over, blending my chosen two colors together and then rubbing off the rest of the color off of the shiny embossed image so that it shows through nice and white against the background colors.

Some AWESOME things are on the roll over at Marti's blog (http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com) so as I'm a little bit behind in getting some super cute sneak peaks up, make sure that you check things out over there! You will NOT be sorry! After all, who can resist SUPER cute Valentine's Studio G's, oh so pretty Valentine's inks and SOOOO GLITTERY glitter and NEW STAMP RELEASES!

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh that is SOOOOO pretty!!! makes me happy just to look at it!!!