I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confessions of a CHA Convention-er (Part 3 - Tim Holtz)

WELCOME TO CHA!



...Day Two - Edumacation day!

So, the much talked about Tim Holtz class was EVERYTHING that I was expecting it to be - and more! w00t!

I can definitely understand why Tim's got such a strong following! He is an energetic, out-going speaker and he definitely knows.his.stuff! You can automatically tell that he knows what he's talking about and that he LOVES what he's talking about - which makes you love it too!

So today in class, we busted out the new lights and brights line of Alcohol Ink (yes, they're important enough to capitalize) and oooooh-wee! I WANT THEM ALL; heck that's not true, I NEED them! Okay, on to the project:



Tim's Colour Your Creativity Class! So there's our little kits there, co-ordinating colours of alcohol ink in the new lights, brights and earthtones and one metallic mixatives, an archival ink pad, an felt ink tool, ghost shapes and the NEW alcohol ink pen! We also walked away with one of the new release STAMP SETS! Ooooh baby, yes we did! Okay, so the rest of the project:





DO YOU LOVE IT OR WHAT?!?! So let's have a look, the first picture is grungepaper with the word CREATE cut out with the Cricut - as well as the flourish and then covered with metal tape to emboss - to avoid scratches and ugly marks, we embossed with a large blending stub. VERY COOL idea!

We painted with our new alcohol ink pen (kind of resembles Copics) and stamped with our new stamp sets, using different alcohol ink techniques (tutorials are available on Marti's website (http://www.pezadoodle.com/). So if you have EVER been scared to try alcohol inks, now is the time to TRY THEM! Don't be afraid, the ink will come off (well, except from your hardwood floors, so don't play on that! The Mister noticed my sanded areas on the floor where I tried to hide the ink!) and you get such AWESOME things every single time!



Aaaaand that's Marti and I with our new BFF Tim! w00t!

I am loving how I roll!

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:

33 comments:

4paws said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You all will probly stay up late tonight with so much to talk about! I can almost feel the excitement.

Mary Jean said...

oh my im so jealous!!! Tim's class project is wonderful! Can't wait to see what else you tell us about!

-Amanda B. said...

So I am one of those people you mention as being afraid to get into the alcohol inks. Well guess what, I think this project has made me want to get into them! I will check out that tutorial as I would love to create a project close to what you made in the class. Can't wait to see what else comes of those inks...

Shirley said...

Catherine, Catherine...I am so darn jealous! I know you guys had such a great time and I love your project. Fabulous job! I just love all of Tim's stuff, he is super and he makes everything appear to be so darn easy to do. Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, it is really like we are there with you.

Rene said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been in Tim's class with you! i know that I need all the new alcohol inks too! Your project turned out beautifully.

Rene' Mewes
RM3116@charter.net

Anita said...

Wow! I love your wall hanging!

byondbzr said...

OK...OMG, I'm the hugest TH fan!! I love alcohol inks with a passion and have a few tutorials for using it on fabric and to make patterned pp on my blog. (Last year's posts, I think in June/July) If there are new alcohol inks, and a PEN, I MUST have'em!!!!!

Kathy Eddy said...

Isn't Tim the greatest! His classes are so wonderful and he is so talented. Great project by the way! How much fun you look like you're having! Kathy Eddy

Avra Williams said...

Looks like an awesome class!

Anonymous said...

Great Job bring CHA to us at home. Tim is the greatest teacher and you a talented artist. Thank you! Donna Bayne (rangerinklink moderator)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a great time i so envy you would love to be there thanks for sharing
misty cricut MB

Justine said...

OOOO isn't he the cutest too?? So much fun, I am officially jealous

AShu93 said...

I left the same comment on Marti's blog, but those are just GORGEOUS projects! Nice pic with Tim too.

~Jenn said...

look at you all smiles standing there with T!m! You are living my dream right there ;)

I love what you created... very cool to see yours and Marti's and how you each did your own thing with it!

Denni said...

those came out great! And that pic of you two with Tim - that will make an awesome LO!

Anonymous said...

OMG ... I don't know which is best, hearing Tim talk about his fantastic products ... meeting him in person ... getting the wonderful goodies ... taking the class ... or just having the opportunity to get in and play with the new products. What a FABULOUS time tht must have been! ♥Carol♥

Michelle said...

I Love everything Tim, how exciting to make a project with him... I am excited that I can get grungeboard sheets & cut them in the cricut! woo hoo

Bethany said...

So fab! Sigh...Can I photoshop myself into your pic. of Tim?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am jealous!!! Very cool!

Nicole
ncole1701@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project. Tell us all about that paper! I cant wait to see your creations!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am so jealous. You girls will have lots to scrap about after this trip. I love the pics...TFS! What fun to be in a class w the Tim Holtz...and your pic w him...how fun!
I'm another who's been afraid to start using the alcohol inks. I did buy a pack tho...maybe I'll check out that tutorial.

cyimbugbitten

Kate Burroughs said...

Is that cool or what? Love all the things Tim!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful art! You did outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Awesome project. t!m is an amazing artist and teacher. He absolutely loves what he is doing so you do too. I wish he made it to the east coast more often!

Renee said...

Great pics of the convention center and the project....gotta love Tim's endless creativity!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like such fun. I wish they had something like this for the customers.

Laurinda said...

You are making it very difficult to wait for all these wonderful new products.

Laurinda (Cricut MB)

Anonymous said...

he is so great i love his stuff. im jealous

Amy Kolling said...

Look at that project from Tim!!!! Keep having fun!!

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! I am curious about this new alcohol ink pen for sure! I have a few alcohol inks already but haven't even opened them....maybe now is the time??

Claire said...

I love your colours that you have chosen. so pretty

Anonymous said...

I love Tim and so wish i was there.
thanks for sharing and love the project.
jennie
cambogroup@hotmail.com

Erin Glee said...

I love Alcohol Inks! (see~capitalized~very important product!)
Catherine, you are SO LUCKY to have taken a class with Tim~I hope I get to someday.