I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confessions of a CHA Convention-er (Part 5 - Cupcakes)

…today has been JAM packed with so many things going on, I feel like I’m getting whiplash just trying to take everything all in – and the actual convention hasn’t even STARTED yet!

After the classes that we took today, I am just sitting here wishing there was more time in the day just so I could take more! As great as the classes that I took were today, it’s got me thinking that there was probably a LOT more classes that were just as good (maybe even better – but could there be a better class than Tim’s?) that I missed out on! I need a special little cloning machine invented, so I could clone myself about 5 times and I just might be able to see everything that’s going on!

As a first-timer, the convention looks HUGE to me, but apparently a lot of vendors cancelled, so the convention was compressed a bit and smaller than other years – yes, even with Paris Hilton coming to unveil her scrap line….I will let you insert whatever you would like to think into those ….’s about Paris Hilton scrapbooking.

Forward and onward then…hel-looo Splitcoast cupcake reception! It was so nice and fancy with really YUMMY-looking cupcakes! I don’t even know why I said ‘looking’ they were DELICIOUS! I have never been to anything like this before, so it was definitely an eye-opener. Some people that we recognize and have heard of, it’s bigger than that...besides being just fun, scrapbooking, being on Design Teams, etc., etc., - it’s a very big deal!

There are some very serious aspects about the business end of things from licensing, to things called MAP; and all the fabulous ideas and sneak peeks and thoughts and plans and productions flying around all around me…it’s enough to make a girl’s head turn every-which-way let me tell you! I wanted about five more pairs of eyes and ears to get it all in!

It was fun to put some faces to names – even though some people have their pictures up, it’s still different to actually see them right in front of you! Half the time, I still can’t even believe I’m HERE! From just one conversation with Marti and it was so spontaneous when she said, ‘hey, let’s go to CHA,’ and my answer was, ‘sure thing’ and now we’re sitting here getting down to scrappin’/stampin’ business! Mind boggling!

Anywho, here’s a little bit of eye candy for you! I know you’re just waiting to see the cupcakes anyway! *LoL*





Oh so yummy delicious cupcakes! I didn't know what I wanted to do more, eat cupcakes or go back to the room and STAMP cupcakes!



Well, hel-looo there! Katie Rentz from MY PAPER HAVEN!



Diana Crick - Scor-Pal.

Did I even TELL you guys what happened with Diana and I? I don't even remember and I'm too lazy to look back and see if I did, so if you've already read it, skip this part! Suzanne, Marti and I went to meet up with Diana as Suzanne is one of her designers, so of course we all got to talking and Diana asks me if I've got a Scor-Pal and - okay, you have GOT to excuse my brainiac moment due to extreme exhaustion due to travel and drama...LOL - so I was like, I sure do, but it's the little one! And Diana's like, we don't have the little one, that's a Scor-it and she's like...that's my competitor! *EMBARASSING* So anywho, she's like, well you better come by my booth tomorrow and I will give you a Scor-Pal and you can tell me what you think of the new metric system Scor-Pal we are releasing (yes, Canadians - METRIC!). So anyway, after smarting about that, Diana went off and I said I couldn't believe that I told a representative of Scor-Pal that I used their competitors product (and to be fair I am not really a giant fan of my Scor-it since I chose to get the tiny one and a lot of my projects never actually fit - so there!). Anyway, Suzanne's like, oh well she's not really just a rep, she's the one who invented it! *DOUBLE EMBARASSING* But I'm going home with a Scor-Pal and we will never speak of Scor-it again, okay?

More announcements and news tomorrow!

CURRENT MOOD: DEAD ON MY FEET CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: I HATE THIS PART RIGHT HERE

23 comments:

-Amanda B. said...

Those are some FANCY cupcakes. It sounds like the whole experience is mind boggling. I can't even believe what it must feel like, kind of like an out of body experience huh? haha. Well anyway, thanks for the updates and just enjoy yourself and take everything in so that we can live through you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my ... those cupcakes look YUMMY! And what a wonderful display too. You must have had a wonderful time. What a fantastic experience it must be to participate in the CHA convention! ♥Carol♥

4paws said...

The cup cakes look yummy. I love your line with Paris Hilton! LOL ! I know your having a blast, thanks for the updates!

Michelle said...

yummy...they sure know how to reel you in cupcakes & scs! cant beat it!!!

Bethany said...

How funny! Sounds like something I would do! At least you get a freebie out of it, though, right?

Shirley said...

Those cupcakes look so darn good. I am so glad you are having a good time there.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! That sounds like something I would say! LOL She sounds so nice to give you one!

Nicole
ncole1701@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I do things like that! Hope you rested before the show opened!

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look yummy! Congrats on the score-pal! It might be embarassing, but how exciting to meet the designer...and have a pic w her. Lots of fun to scrap...TFS!

cyimbugbitten

Kate Burroughs said...

Those cupcakes do look delish. I have seen some adorable paper crafts cupcakes (they contain no calories) but look just as tempting!

Anonymous said...

Yummy cupcakes. It must be great to put faces with names.

Renee said...

Too funny!! Glad it worked out for you on the scor-pal....

oh...and the cupcakes look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, the cupcake pics are making me hungry.

Sharon said...

Those cupcakes look scrumptious! Yum, yum...... So nice for you to meet all these people in the industry.
Sharon

AShu93 said...

Glad the cupcakes were as yummy as they looked.

I always get the names of the scoring things confused too, but how embarrassing to do it in front of the creator. You sure know how to turn it into a story though :)

Laurinda said...

Way to turn emabarrasement into gold. You sure "scored".

Anonymous said...

look at those cupcakes they are making me hungry

Amy Kolling said...

Yummmy cupcakes!! I think it would be a dream to be at CHA!!

Anonymous said...

I don't even really know exactly what the Scor Pal does but everyone I know is talking about it or getting one so I know I am missing something! I will have to look into it.

I wish I had a cupcake!

Denni said...

Cupcakes....YUMMMMMMY!!

Scor-pal.....I think I would have been 100 shades of red and then thrown up! oopsies.... I feel for ya girl! :)

Claire said...

The cupcakes divine.

:)
love the posts

Anonymous said...

the cupcakes look yummo.
thanks
jennie
cambogroup@hotmail.com

Erin Glee said...

Those cupcakes look huge! Yum!

Don't feel bad about that easy mistake... I still don't remember which one is which...Scor-What?