I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Attack of the "skittles"...

...just wanted to let you know that I'm still here! I have been buried under mounds of beads (and no, I am NOT the "Skittles" hoarded everyone on The Board is flaming, thank you very much!). I have managed to pull myself out from the mounds and update as I noticed that it's been quite a while. I had no idea that these little tiny beads would take up so much of my time! But I looooves them!

I've been in and out of The Boards and here, but not TOTALLY monopolized by beads, although they have certainly opened up a lot more options and techniques and ideas! I've met some FABULOUS friends along the way and I'm pretty much just having so much FUN with everything.

Etsy is doing well, but of course, I'm comparing that to no sales at all, so I might have a skewed idea of what doing well means. Whatevs, I wasn't out to take over the world one Skittle at a time, although..........

HAHAHAHA...so I HAVE been creating other things besides the beads, but UNFORTUNATELY, I won't be able to post them until after approximately May 4. *giggles* I am in the middle of sending out my most faaaavourite alcohol ink guru's birthday present and I've been trying VERY hard to keep everything that's in the box a SECRET! For me that's a big deal because I am the WORST secret keeper ever! I hate them, I always have to know what's going to happen in a movie before I go to watch it. I have no idea what's wrong with me...I know...patience is NOT a virtue that I encapsulate!

But the THINGS I made are FABULOUS even if I do say so myself and I can't wait to post pictures of them after Ms. Marti opens her present!

So anywho...last Friday I was off from work (always a PLUS) and my mom and I went to the Creativfestival (a craft expo) an hour out of town. Is anyone else bothered that word Creativ is missing the 'e'? It's killing me I tell you...everytime I looked at my little brochure, it irked me until I took a pen and inserted a little tiny 'e'. Creativeness is NOT an excuse for poor spelling. I'll BET YOU the people who printed them FORGOT the 'e' and just tried to pass it off and were all like, 'oh yeah, we MEANT to do that!' Well, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

So when I was writing my quirks down yesterday, I should have said that correct spelling is a quirk for me. I try not to read my past blogs too often because all the little typos I made bug the living daylights out of me. Even my phone texts are spelled properly, $0.10 a message be damned, you will NOT get: c u l8r from me! The absolute worst is when people actually spell the words wrong on PURPOSE! My teenaged cousin always sends me E-Mails talking about boOoOoyz and saying whut and I try VERY hard not to notice. But seriously, honey, it's boys and it's what. Oh well, I don't know what my problem is...I mean, maybe she wants me to know that she's pronouncing what like WHUT because I know I like to spell out my words exactly like I'm actually saying them.

ANYWAYS, I COMPLETELY DIGRESS! I had a large iced coffee with breakfast today and I'm probably caffeine buzzing just a little bit. What was I talking about before I hopped up on my soapbox?

Right, the expo. I had a FABULOUS time and totally glossed over all the knitting and sewing booths, leaving my mother behind. Anything that looked like stamping or scrapbooking, I was there though. I just realized I can't talk too much about the expo as the things that I used and sent to Marti are also in there. HAHAHAHAHA....but I found my most FAVOURITE place to order and buy stamps from (of COURSE except for Studio G stamps) and I'm LOVING the way it makes my work look! Learned some new techniques and also discovered a new product I am LO-O-OVING! Which I also cannot tell you about.

I say blame it all on Marti.

CURRENT MOOD: FABULOUS, THANKS! (I'LL GET A BLINKIE LATER) CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: NOTHING MUCH

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ALLLLLLLRIGHT NOOOOOOOWWWWW you're really killing me!!!!! ARGH!!!!!! the suspense is too much!!!!! oh and i am with you on the spelling and typos. i send my kids school forms back to school with all of the errors correctd. i mean COME ON you people are teachers for heaven's sake!! in the seventh grade i had a reading teacher that put the spelling words on the board spelled wrong and told us that's how you spell it in my class!! probably why i get so irked.......