I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My very first...

...So I went through my very first RAK - it was for no one on the boards, but an RAK nonetheless!

Work has been slowing down as the semester is drawing to a close and my coworkers and myself are pretty much just gearing up for the Spring term. I noticed one of my coworkers online and I asked what she was up to. She said she was ordering catalogues and I noticed that she was looking at a vacation catalogue and asked if she was planning on going somewhere nice to get away from all this snow. As it turns out, she said she was ordering them so that she could get something nice and colourful in the mail that had nothing to do with bills. Being single, she doesn't really get much mail other than bills.

It kind of hit me as a little sad (and true, the only thing I usually ever get is bills too - except for recently, and that's only because of my online shopping binge). So I went home and this past Monday I sent her my little lady bug card in the mail and didn't tell her so she'd have a nice little mail surprise. I'm usually not one for any kind of serious conversations - I tend to make jokes when I feel things getting heavy, so inside the card I just wrote:


So you have at least one thing in your mail that's not a bill or any kind of letter asking for money!

P.S. Can I borrow $5?

She got the card yesterday (I had no idea the mail could work that fast, I only dropped it off Monday morning! Which then leads me to think - WHERE'S MY STUFF?!) and this morning I got a nice, big hug and thank you!

And it made it worth parting with my sweet, little lady bug. Which is I guess what cards are for...to send people...I guess I'm going to have to get used to that part. Usually, after I make something, I love them all so much I don't feel like giving them away. Must keep practicing that part...

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: The Freshman - Verve Pipe

2 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

love how you have stored you clear unmounted stamps its a great idea and i plan on doing it myself now after seeing yours. its great as i already have the plastic sleves as i use them for my Artist Trading Card collection.
chriss x
you are invited to come over to mine and see what blog candy i have on show. why not bring a fiend x

Unknown said...

adorable card!! i was reading your other entries - you were crackin me up!! wanted to let you know the studio g stamps came in this evening (FINALLY) so i will be shipping them out tomorrow!!!!!!!