I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Palm-ful of pretty...

...I have no idea what my problem is.

I feel like I'm so all over the place with my scrapping. Probably because I haven't done much at all to tell you the truth. I'm getting a bit frustrated as I spent the better part of today blog-hopping and there are some SERIOUS blogs with some SERIOUS layout/creating action going on.

I want to have stuff to post too besides the stuff I'm getting in the mail (although can I just say how freaking AWESOME it is to be getting stuff in the mail - it's been a good mail-week).



I HEART you Marti! That's ALL 24 (is it 24?) of the Series 10 Studio G stamps, plus they came with the cute acrylic mounting blocks and a pen! (I also love pens for some reason...)

Just looking at all these stamps made me want to throw them up in the air a la Demi Moore in that movie where she was rolling around in money...but again, like my paper, I like my stamps un-rolled on...


Maybe I'm more intimidated by all the stuff I am now surrounded with moreso than all the creative ladies I've found myself in the company of (world wide web speaking...)

I go into my room and sit down and just look at everything and I'm just so overwhelmed...that I don't know where to start!

Today I went to the dollar store to buy these small re-sealable baggies (mostly used for the jewelery making but they were 100 for $1 so I grabbed a pack). Yesterday when I was playing with my DS, the extra little scraps that weren't part of my cut were all perfectly good circles (I had also made diamond ones too) that I couldn't bear to throw out, so now I have baggies of die-cut shapes that I can use for something else! No paper is wasted!

I punched a hole in the top part of the bag and have them hanging on my cork board. I LOVE how the girls from The Board have got me repurposing stuff and maximizing my storage space!

Anyways, this is what I ended up making today:




Just a bunch of little magnets. I had seen someone do these for wedding giveaways, but they actually used half marbles or something. Slightly larger than what I have here with a smoother finish at the bottom. I came across a WHOLE bag of these at the dollar store (there's about 50 - 75 of them) and I also bought a 2-pack of photo magnets. I basically just glued the marble on top of the picture and the magnet to the back of the picture. I don't think the magnets are strong enough, so I'm probably going to have to get some stronger ones. I have these up on my fridge now and I think it's using all it's little-magnet strength just to hold itself up!

I'm going to hang them at work tomorrow! Oh well, even though I didn't scrap, can't say I didn't make ANYTHING.

More cards on the way soon though, I have to put my stamps to good use!

CURRENT MOOD: CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: WHO ARE YOU - ? (CSI THEME SONG)

No comments: