I'VE MOVED!

Confessions of a Shopaholic has moved!

You will be re-directed in a couple of seconds to the new location or please click the link below:

>> Confessions of a Scrapaholic <<

Sunday, March 9, 2008

While The Mister is away...

...the wife will play! With Cuttlebug, Cricut and other scrapping/cardmaking things, that is.

Sometimes it's hard for me find time to scrap/cardmake with so many other things going on. After work I usually head to the gym right away - stopping off at home first just makes it too tempting to stay home! Then right after the gym, The Mister and I usually have to eat and then if it's not spending time together, then it's a free moment for me.

So even though it MAY sound bad that I'm kind of happy that The Mister is otherwise pre-occupied, it's only because I always feel bad wanting to scrap/cardmake instead of spending the little extra time I have with him.

I think he likes it when I'm busy too, because I know there are things he would like to get done, but puts aside to spend time with me. So enough of the guilt!

While The Mister went to see his parents to borrow their snowblower (because it is SUCH a necessity right now - I hate when the snow plow comes through right after we've finished shoveling), I got to lounge around in my work-in-progress scraproom and look at The Board and get some ideas. The creative mojo still seems to be MIA so here are the rather unimaginative cards I made, plus two SusieB-esque ones.



Pretty plain kind of card, I really just wanted to play with the Cricut and see what else I could cut. Coloured the flowers with Prismas and Mona Lisa and then glitter glued them (from the dollar store as my Stickles are ALSO MIA). The ribbon is just from my own stash - I think it's leftover wedding ribbon.


I just got a new camera and still trying to figure out how all the functions - I have no idea why this came out blurry, but laziness is preventing me from re-taking the shot. Let me see...the two puffy butterflies are from a big pack from the dollar store as is the smaller plastic butterfly. This one is pretty plain looking even though a lot of freaking effort went into it - and pain. I hauled out my Making Memories eyelet setting kit and punched two different sized holes for decoration...and when I was done punching, I was pretty much done with the card. Hence the quickie Studio G 'thank you' stamp. Meh...


A little scraplifting action here from SusieB. Gotta love her Cuttlebug cards. So here's my little take on it...the embossed lines are ridiculously lopsided as I have yet to receive my Scor-it and just tried to use the trackline of my paper cutter. BAH. Anyways, once again I embossed the paper with my one and only embossing folder, leaving a blank space in the middle. I used my Studio G stamp (OMG, I SO hope that I get my Penny Black and House Mouse stamps SOON) and coloured with Prismas and Mona Lisa. Since I already had the eyelet setter out, I punched a couple holes just for added hole-y-ness.


Yes, in the four hours that The Mister was gone, I only got four cards finished - two of them of questionable yuckiness. Ah well...this next card is another SusieB bite. You can't really see it all that well, but the bottom left-hand corner is embossed with the bunny blowing heart-shaped bubbles. The ribbon is once again leftover stock.


So there it is. Way more time invested on The Board and two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches later, I cranked out four cards. The funny thing is, my best friend's birthday is next week and I really wanted to make her a birthday card, but none of the things I made are really birthday material. Ah well, go figure...

Here's for MORE SHIPMENTS this week!

No comments: